Followers

Thursday 23 April 2020

Why, Art Journal spread

Morning everyone xx

I'm over on the Bee Crafty blog today with a spread from my Art Journal. 
I wanted to use my Doodle Art stamps, but had no specific idea in mind, so I just went for it, and this was the end result lol. That's what I love about my Art Journal, the freedom to just create...

Products used:
Doodle Art stamp sets
Big One - Inkable - Chrysanthemum 
Ticker Tape 2 Sentiments 
Sparkle pens from my Crafty stash 



Having gessoed my pages first, I blended Distress Oxides randomly through the Chrysanthemums Big One Inkable. I wasnt careful and I applied different pressures, to create depth and dimension.

I stamped all the Doodle flowers, from all the different sets I had, randomly across the bottom of the pages. 

The Butterfly was then stamped twice, going off the edge of the page, again to add dimension and perspective. 

I used a couple of the small embellishment stamps, from some of the sets, randomly across the spread, including the splatter of dots one, around the flowers. 

I then coloured in using my sparkle pens. I wanted a watercolour effect to this spread, so I coloured in very loosely, leaving white spaces, going over the edges, and blending colours together. I love how this technique gives a completely different look to a more precise, neat colouring technique.  

The Ticker Tape sentiment was stamped on white card, cut out and adhered, to complete my spread.

I hope you liked it, it was a lot of fun to create.
Until next time, 
Crafty hugs xx 

2 comments:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx