Followers

Thursday 17 January 2019

Idea, Create, Art

Hello Crafters xx

Something a bit different from me on the
Bee Crafty blog today. I set myself a couple of new challenges for the New Year. The first one was to try my hand at Art Journalling.
So here's my first Bee Craft Art Journal spread. Hope you like it xx

Products used :
Ladies Profile 
Maple leaf
Oak leaf
Trio Butterflies 
XL creativity words
Multi mini Distress Diamond 
Dinkables
Inks
Texture Paste
Black pen


This is the completed Art Journal spread 


I first covered the pages in white gesso
Texture paste was randomly applied through the Honeycomb Dinkable
Once dry I smooshed watercolour inks over both pages. (You can use any inks, distress oxides, whatever you have in your crafty stash). I dried in between each application, building up the layers until I was happy


I stamped the Ladies Profile, Oak and Maple leaves around the edges of the pages, in black onyx versafine ink 
I then stamped 3 more butterfly's "flying" on the left page, and drew in a butterfly trail



Holding the mini Distress Diamond stamp in the palm of my hand, I randomly stamped parts of it in Black Soot Distress Oxide  
I then drew a wiggly black frame around the edge of my two page spread    



I stamped the large Creativity Words on a seperate piece of card.  Cut them up, added wiggly lines around each, then adhered to my pages


And here was the final result. For one of my first Art Journal spreads, I was really happy with the way it turned out. Hope you like it

Crafty hugs xx 


11 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a stunning journal page I love it. Those stamps are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous journal spread - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love this Karen - hope to see more of it! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work, Karen. Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Wonderful techniques! Perfect for this month's challenge at Crafter's Castle. I hope you check it out :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx