Followers

Thursday 27 June 2019

Prehistoric Dinosaur journal

Hello lovely crafters

I thought I'd share my MDF mini journal over on the Bee Crafty blog today. I used the fabulous Prehistoric Dinosaur collection recently launched on Hochanda

Products used:
Triceratops stamp set- XL and Regular
Tyrannosaurus Rex stamp set
MDF mini journal 
Dinkables
Texture paste
Gilding wax
Acrylic paint




To begin I used texture paste through the Leafy Branch Dinkable, using the stamps as a guide as to where I wanted the leaves to be.
Once dry I painted all the pages in various coloured Acrylic paints. I like to apply the paint with my fingers, blending colours together.
Once dried I applied Gilding wax over the texture paste.

Having prepped all my pages I began stamping and colouring in my images using inks  sparkle pens or embossing powders.
I also used Dinkables, with Distress Oxides,  to add more dimension to some pages.







 I stamped the Sentiments and attached the pages by the rings supplied. 
I then adhered the metal embellishment to the front page, using gel glue. I also tied some ribbons on the rings, and attached another metal embellishment to the ribbon.
To finish I painted over the wooden word embellishment and adhered with the glue gel.

I hope you enjoyed today's post

Crafty hugs xx




4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a stunning journal. I love those stamps. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I know a little boy who would love one of these. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx