Followers

Thursday 9 May 2019

Doodle Art MDF Journal sample

Morning xx

Following on from my Bee Crafty DT blog last week, here is my final sample, as promised.
Something a little new for me...an MDF journal!  using the fabulous Doodle Art collection of stamps and coordinating products.
Although somewhat apprehensive at the start, I soon got in to the flow of making this, and I loved every minute! Anything goes...let your creative juices flow lol

Products used:
Doodle Art stamp sets: Bee, Sunflower, Dragonfly, Butterfly, Girl
MDF Journal
Inkables
Dinkables
Versafine
Versmark
Clear embossing powder
Distress Oxide
Kuretake Clean Colour pens
Sparkle pen
Gilding Wax
Texture paste










I started the journal by applying texture paste, through various Dinkables, on some of the pages. I already had a rough idea of what images I was going to use on each page, so I used Dinkables I felt would coordinate with each design.

Once completely dry I blended Distress Oxides to each spread of pages, using a different colour combination on each. 

Having ensured everything was dry I blended more distress Oxides through various Dinkables, to add extra dimension to each page.

I then worked on 1 spread at a time,stamping the images in Black Versafine. 
Each spread was coloured in with a mixture of mediums, Kuretake Clean Colour pens, Alcohol Pens, Sparkle Pens, depending on the effect and colours I wanted to achieve. 

I added highlights of Gold or Silver Gilding Wax to the areas of raised texture paste, around the edges of the pages, and where I felt a hint of highlight would work. 

I also used a white gel pen, to add highlights as appropriate. 

Once dry, the rings were put through to complete the journal. 

I hope you enjoyed looking through today's post. I has soo much fun creating this MDF journal, and I hope there will be more in the future

Crafty hugs xx 



5 comments:

  1. It looks great with you. I'm loving all the little insects and your colour choices.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This popped up on my news feed.... still love it. fresh, colourfull just lush...x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx