Followers

Thursday 28 February 2019

I am the Dragon

Hello crafters xx

I'm on the Bee Crafty blog today with a spread from my Art Journal using the absolutely fabulous Dragon stamp 😊 How awesome is this image. I also combined it with the amazing Dragon Eye
I'm loving using my Art Journal. ..it allows so much freedom in my creativity.

Also used:
Script stamp
Inks
Dinkables
Versafine
Distress Oxides
Glossy Accents




I prepped my pages with white Gesso before creating a "smooshed" background with my inks. (You can create same effect with Distress inks,  Oxides or other water based ink pads).
I randomly stamped the script and the scales stamps over the pages. To get a more random effect I like to hold the stamp in the palm of my hand.
I blended Black Soot Distress Oxide through the brick wall Dinkable.
On seperate card I stamped the Dragon and Eye in Green Distress Oxides,  spritzing with a little water to allow colours to me slightly. 
I cut these out then added glossy accents on the centres of the eyes and allowed them to dry.
Using the cut out Dragon as I guide I blended through the Feathers Dinkable with Distress Oxides, to create the effect of fire coming from the Dragons mouth.
Once my background and Dragon was dry I adhered them to the spread.
I stamped the sentiment on white card, cut through out and adhered them.
To finish I drew a wiggly frame around the edges. 

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I'll be back again soon 

Crafty hugs xx 

6 comments:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx