Followers

Saturday 2 September 2017

Beautiful poppies by Stamps By Me

Hello everyone

Today I'm sharing a DT sample I made using one of my favourite new stamps from
Stamps By Me 
This is the very beautiful Follow Your Dreams. I love poppies and the design of this stamp is just gorgeous.
I also combined the sentiment from the new
Colour To The World stamp

I used these stamps in conjunction with a new style of card I've been playing with recently.  I love the look of continuing the stamped image onto the back of your card blank. I'll be posting a few more of this style I'm sure!! Lol

Also used :
Masking tape
Distress Inks : Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Fired Brick
Black onyx versafine
(Texture stencils and stamps from my stash )








  • To begin this style of card,  lay the card blank open, and flat, on your workspace. Use the maskng tape to create your desired panel
  • Blend the Distress inks within the masked panel, spritzing with water as and when desired 
  • Using the same coloured inks, ink randomly through various texture stencils and stamp randomly using texture stamps 
  • Stamp the poppies in Fired Brick Distress Ink, ensuring some overlap onto the back of the card blank. Use first and second generation stamping ie don't re-ink in between stamping. This creates a more muted stamped image, giving the impression of depth to your stamping
  • Stamp the sentiment in black onyx versafine 
  • Once ink is completely dry carefully removed tape to reveal your completed card 
I hope you enjoyed this post and liked this style of card.. I love it lol

Anyways,  many thanks for popping by 

Crafty hugs xx 

10 comments:

  1. Love that color combo and how you used it around the side of your card. So clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour combination, love the added interest of the continuation onto the back of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Karen. Fab design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've carried the design round onto the back , it works well. Beautiful colours and stamps - great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card in stunning colours. That really is a clever idea to carry the stamping round. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx