How is everyone today? I'm thoroughly enjoying being on my summer holidays..no clock watching and plenty of crafting. Perfect lol xx
Today I'm back with my weekly DT blog for
Sam will be on Hochanda today at 11am and 4pm showcasing their TIME products. Make sure you tune in as there are some fabulous new products.
So todays blog is the first of my DT samples for the show
These were my first products to sample, since joining their talented DT so I hope I've done them justice.
Today I'm showcasing the
Pocket Watch mdf
Ladies Profile stamp
Pocket Watch stamp
Time Flies stamp
Lustre Luxe : Golden Gate, Ocean Blue, Moonstone
Smokey Grey versafine ink
Sticky embossing powder ( Ranger)
Black embossing powder
Dinkable : Honeycomb
Pixie Powders (can use Brushos)
- To begin I used a foam blender to blend the Lustre Luxe's over the inner part of the pocket watch. The Lustres cover the mdf so well and on only needed one application. Amazing!
- I inked up the Pocket Watch stamp with the Smokey Grey versafine ink and stamped it over the mdf. I also stamped the Key stamp randomly over the area
- Next I inked up the outer frame of the mdf Pocket Watch with Versmark ink, covered with my sticky embossing powder and heated with my heat gun
- I applied my gilding flakes to the sticky embossing powder and used my fingers to rub the excess off
- The Pocket Watch was adhered using Pinflair glue gel
- This is the small mdf Pocket Watch and I used the same technique as above
- I blended the Lustre Luxe's over both parts of the mdf
- Small cogs were stamped in the Smokey Grey versafine ink over the inner part of the watch
- The watch was assembled using pinflair glue gel
- I blended Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides over my canvas Board
- I masked off part of the Ladies Profile stamp (so it would fit inside the stamped Pocket Watch ), and stamped it in black onyx versafine ink
- The Pocket Watch was then stamped over the Ladies Profile
- I then stamped the Cogs, key and PocketWatch randomly over the canvas in the Distress Oxides and Versafine ink
- I used the Golden Gate Lustre Luxe through the Dinkable stencil and around the edge of the canvas, to complete this sample
- Moonstone Lustre Luxe was blended over a medium mdf tag..it only took one coat!
- Masking off Ladies Profile (so it fits in Pocket Watch stamp ), I stamped it in Versmark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder
- I then stamped and heat embossed the Pocket Watch and TIME stamps in black
- The Pixie powders were then used to create a background for my images.
I really hope you enjoyed looking at first DT samples for Hochanda using these fab products by Bee Crafty. Don't forget to check out their website for more amazing products
Many thanks for popping by and please leave a comment to let me know what you think
Crafty hugs xx