Followers

Saturday 4 February 2017

For the Love of Stamps Daffodils In The Sun

Morning everyone.

I would like to share my first DT samples for the new stamp sets launched this weekend by
Www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk 

This is from the beautiful Daffodils In The Sun stamp set

For this card I cut a strip from the front of the right hand side of the card blank. Then drew two lines on the inside of the card to create a panel. I then drew two lines on the left hand side of the card blank to create a second panel

The daffodil flower heads were stamped randomly in the two panels in versafine ink then coloured with distress inks

The flower heads, stalks and leaves were then stamped on the card blank, using a masking technique,  to create dimension. These were then coloured in.

Using the coordinating mask, I drew round Sunshine in a black fine line then matted this onto black card. This was added to front of card with foam pads to complete.

I inked up an acrylic block 6 times, in yellow then green inks, spritzed with water, then stamped onto a catd blank to create a tartan effect. Using a masked sheet I stamped the flowers,  leaves and stalks in versafine,  added the hearts stamp and the sentiment,  to complete this sample.

Thankyou for popping by and I hope you liked these samples xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Karen your cards are gorgeous I love daffodils they are so bright and cheerful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the daffodils - what a lovely image. Daffodils never fail to sheer my up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kathy. I agree they do make you smile. Xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards Karen...I love the daffodils xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love daffodils as they always let me know spring is just around the corner.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Linda. Wish it would hurry up and get here lol. Hugs xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards Karen. I love both but the second one is really stunning. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I love reading them all. Look forward to seeing you back here again soon and if you like my work it would be great if you could "Follow" me. Crafty hugs xx